Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. Who are we?
2. What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
2.1 Information you provide to us. When you use this Website (by filling out a form, opening an account, posting a comment or placing an order), contact us by post, telephone, email or SMS, participate in a competition or promotion or report a problem with this Website, we may collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. The information we collect from you may include your title, name, address, e-mail address, birthday and hone number
2.2 Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this Website we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We may also automatically collect the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We partner with third parties who may collect anonymous usage or statistical data through your use of our website. These third parties may collect similar information about your online activities over time and across third party websites through your use of our website.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources. We work, from time to time, closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalise advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalised online display advertising tailored to your interests.
3.2 You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Facebook Pixel||This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables Scent by Mail to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. In particular it enables Scent by Mail to see how our users move between devices when accessing the Scent by Mail web site and Facebook, to ensure that Scent by Mail’s Facebook advertising is seen by our users most likely to be interested in such advertising by analysing which content a user has viewed and interacted with on the Scent by Mail’s web site. For further information about the Facebook Pixel please see:
|This Cookie is placed by Google. It enables Scent by Mail to learn information about our users use of the Scent by Mail web site such as the time of visit, the pages viewed, whether the user has visited before and the web site visited prior to visiting the Scent by Mail web site.
For further information about Google Analytics please see:
|__zlcmid||This cookie stores Zopim Live Chat ID to identify the device during visits.|
3.4 For more information on how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. How your information is used
4.1 By using this Website or purchasing any products through this Website, you agree that your personal information may be used by us, and by carefully selected third parties chosen by us, for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using this Website;
- to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us (for example when you place an order for products through this Website);
- to send you details (including by post, phone, e-mail or SMS) of other products which we think may interest you, where you have consented to this and share your information with third parties for this purpose, unless you inform us that you do not want to receive these details;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to manage any account that you hold with us;
- to assess, operate and improve this Website and the services provided through it;
- to ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to notify you about changes to this Website or our service.
4.2 We will not share your information with third parties in order for that third party to provide direct marketing communications to you, unless it relates to a specific activity which we are undertaking with a third party (e.g. a competition) and you have provided your consent for such use. Such activity will have its own terms and conditions relating to the way in which your information may be used.
5. Disclosures of your information
5.1 We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
5.2 We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website.
5.3 We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following events:
- if we were to sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Scent by Mail Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Website Term and conditions Policy and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scent by Mail Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Where do we store your personal information
6.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are processed and encrypted by our third party payment providers Stripe scentbymail.co.uk does not store your card details for any reason.
6.3 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6.4 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your Privacy Rights
7.1 You have the right to contact us (see paragraph 10 below) in order to find out what information we hold about you or to access or correct any information we hold about you.
7.2 To unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email and update your account preferences. You may also contact us to inform us if you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from us.
7.3 This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
In accordance with applicable data protection law, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Find us on
ABOUT SCENT BY MAIL
The Ultimate Scented Candle and Home Fragrance Subscription Box.
Scent by Mail is a unique subscription service delivering carefully selected scented candles and home fragrances from the world’s top 40 home fragrance brands right to your door.